Fitbit Card Image Operations
2023-01-03 Version 4.2.08 - Version 5.2.08 [Versa 3 & Sense])
Store scannable Images or photos on the watch
See this Guide for preparing your precision images to load
or simply use images directly from the phone
Guide to creating your precision card images
The see how to operate the App to load images to your watch.
Verify the watch is syncing with the Fitbit App before starting
Be patient to allow loading of files
- Launch the App on your watch
1. when there are no files on your watch yet
- Open the Phone this App Settings [see below] and add Images
2. when there are files on your watch
- Swipe watch to the right to see previous Image
- Swipe watch to the left, or Tap the display, to see next Image
- Long press to see a list of Image names [in loaded order]
- Swipe face up or down to scroll the full list of names
- In Long press mode, a second Long press will show detailed data
- about the files stored on the watch [not in any order]
- To exit either Long press mode, tap the display once.
- Recovery: If you get the initial display inadvertently,
- Long press to recover the list of Swipe watch to the right to see previous Images
- unless there are no stored files
- then tap once to resume normal navigation
- Double tap the face any time or push the watch back button to Exit the App
[after opening the App settings in the Gallery tile] and App on the watch
- There are four sections to managing the watch App
There are 3 configurable settings for the watch App at the bottom
- The name of an Image to load
- A picker to chose the Image to load
- The name of an Image to delete
- The settings for the App on the watch
- Whether to have max brightness to help with scanning bar codes, QR codes
- How long the display stays on before auto blanking [to help with scanning]
- Whether the current time * should show in front of the Image
* It is a good idea to set the timeout to the minimum if showing time.
- Tips: You can't load an Image without entering a name for it first.
- You can't delete an Image without giving a name to delete
- Only Alpha Numeric names are allowed [unwanted characters will be removed]
- The name of the last loaded Image is shown
- You can replace or delete an Image [see next section]
Modes of operationAdd an Image
- On your phone, enter a name for the Image and click Save
- the following screen will appear on the watch to indicate the transfer
- process is started, in this example the image name used was "New Image"
- On your phone, click on the picker and choose an Image*
- If the Image is big you can adjust it in the capture window
- then click Done or Cancel
* If you haven't given the the Fitbit App access to photos it will prompt you for it
- The name and then the image will appear on the watch
Replace an Image
Delete an Image
- Enter the same name as the one to replace and then Add the Image [as above]
- Restart the watch App to see the new Image
- Enter the name of the Image you want to delete in that section and click Save
- By clicking Save, it tells the App to Delete the file, if it is an existing name
- If the name doesn't exist it does nothing
What the App can do
Leave your membership or Fidelity cards, with barcodes or QR codes,
at home and lighten your wallet, purse or phone holder.
- Take photos of anything you need to access regularly, or even
Store them on your watch in the App for quick easy access and for proof,
or best for use with scanning equipment.
- Store cards
- Discount cards
- Membership card
- Loyalty cards
- Emergency cards
- travel documents,
- Flight details
screenshots of important numbers
screenshots of contact details or addresses
- Photos, etc.
anything, but chip or magnetic swipe cards or
financial data or privacy data.
For best best results. crop Images to your watch size and save with a
good short name in a separate Album on your phone - that way you have a
record of what has been loaded on the watch as backup.
Sense, Versa 3 - 336 x 336
Other Versas - 300 x 300
Ionic - 348 x 250
No problem - The app will crop them if you haven't.
To remove all the images from your watch, uninstall the app.
App settings for the watch can be adjusted from the phone, and optionally the time can be shown.
- Only Alpha, numeric and _ can be used for names, any other characters are removed
- Images are stored in the order loaded which helps keep certain ones sequential
- The available space on the watch limits the number of items that can be saved
- If you uninstall/reinstall the watch App all Images will be lost from the watch App
- If the watch if Factory Rest all Images will be lost from the watch App
- If the watch has a firmware update all Images may be lost from the watch App
- Status bar is shown briefly at the top in yellow to verify settings and version
- Image name displays briefly before Image is shown
Last Image displayed is remembered.
- The app will close automatically except if time is shown
- Do good planning, especially if you want pairs of Images or for the order of them
- Organise your Images in a separate Album on the phone first
[with a Factory reset or other watch operations]
- This will be both the backup in case you lose the App from the watch
And will make it easier to find and load, or reload Images
And can be a quick overview of what should be on the watch
- When taking pictures of any credit card sized cards, make a square template,
- which is is the same size as watch height and width
- This will make it easier to size them to fit your watch
Guide to creating your precision card images
CardImage releases (V4 - Ionic & Versa's, V5 - Sense, Versa 3)
Vx.2.08 - 2023-01-03
Screen touch sensitivity greatly improved
Vx.2.07 - 2022-10-03
Vx.1.15 - 2022-08-12