Chest Straps and watch band extensions
Why a chest strap, benefits?
- Avoids accidental button actions, in normal use
- If you have problem tattoos on your wrists
- If you walk while
pushing a stroller or trolley, tread-milling or mowing.
For convenience or comfort on body (or upper arm).
- Vibrations more easily detected
- Possible greater accuracy for
Step count, Floors and Heart
If you have allergies (can avoid direct skin contact)
- Greater protection from
knocks, splashes dust or excessive sunlight
- Checking notifications can be an issue
What works when not on your wrist?
Nearly everything, depending on how well it sits
and whether you wear it over a white shirt.
Skin temperature may be more precise
(from being in constant body contact)
Step count and Heart rate can be more precise
Sleep position monitoring possible on a Sense or Versa only
without arm movements
(won't detect any arm movements as steps
less frictional movements to affect HR readings)
You may be able to find chest straps and
arm bands or larger bands online.
If not, for under $10 you can make them.
Follows the steps below:
Component parts and construction
* Will fit a Versa (1) or Sense (1)
- Raw elements
- Needs 2 adjuster, 2 clips, a length of band, maximum once around the chest
- Adjuster with teeth
- Pass the elastic through the adjuster
- Loop it round and through the clip
- Loop the remaining length back through the adjuster
- Repeat for the other end
- Attach to one end of the watch strap
- Attach to the other end of the watch strap
- Add insulating tape to the ends
- to stop pull through and it fraying
- Finished strap
- Optional special Sense watch strap * which is
hinged and allows a closer fit to the body - for best results buy two complete
straps and use only the 2 straps without the fastening hole.
( only for long time use as Chest Strap can be use with most watches and wrist bands
without removing them - for easy to remove from wrist and transfer to the
chest strap and back.
Taking care of things in constant contact with the skin is important.
Remember to check the battery level and keep charged for good results.
Covering with your hand blanks the display without the 3 seconds touch rewake feature enabled.
Parts (Click images)
2 meters 15mm Spandex Ribbon
20pcs 15mm Plastic Tri-Glides Slider Adjustable Buckles
|30 Pcs 15mm Metal Suspender Clips
Universal silicone Strap for
Fitbit Versa 1, 2, 3, 4 / Sense 1, 2
How they work
Your watch can quickly be moved from wrist or arm mode to chest mode.
Just attach the chest strap directly to the watch band - hey presto.
Unfasten the chest strap from the watch band to move it to your wrist
Compatible Clock faces and Apps
Larger display clock face
for basic sports usage
contains multiple views
for general usage
with rotatable face to suit chosen wearing position
Rotated App face for use with Cheststrap only
used for sleep position monitoring,
Snore and Apnea detection
Not suitable for sleeping on your front
No liability accepted for damage or misuse